For this style I did the following:
- I washed and conditioned my hair, using a lighter leave in as to minimize drying time(PM The Conditioner).
- Hair was sectioned off and then sectioned off again to put my hair in two-strand twists and I wrapped each twist around the perm rod immediately after twisting.
- I wrapped those twists in the direction of the twist to create a more uniform and consistent look.
- I used Fantasia IC Gel (for color treated hair since it seems a bit more nourishing) on these twists.
- After complete, I sat under a hooded dryer for about 2o-30 minutes since my hair was partially dry by the time I was complete.
- I did not remove the rods right away because sometimes there are twists that are still wet. I actually slept in them overnight to ensure they were dry w/o sitting under dry heat again. I don't necessarily recommend that since it was uncomfortable.
- The next morning, I unwrapped and unraveled my hair, applied a little oil, fluffed and went on my way.
The results are pictured below. It was very fluffy and movable....if that makes sense. I had a lot of movement and the curls stayed nice for about 3-4 days before starting to look a little less polished. ;)
Hair after removing rods:
Hair after unraveling twists: