I decided to take down my flat-twists yesterday to wear out; sat on the couch and proceeded to do so, not looking at a mirror or caring how it looked at that point. Figured I'd pull it back with a headband or scarf anyway so even if it looked a little crazy, I was prepared.
I get up to see what I would be working with and wouldn't you know.....I achieved the Corinne Bailey Rae(aka as the "CBR"). I was BEYOND excited. I literally started hopping up and down with glee. Seriously. And yes, I'm a grown woman getting excited over my hair. LOL!
The pic below was literally taken as soon as I got to a mirror. No fluffing. Just unraveled and went snap with my phone. LOL!
So how did I do it, you ask?
- I lightly blow-dried (using the lowest setting), using a paddle brush to help extend and dry quicker.
- Used only my leave in and oil(see previous blog posting).
- After wearing my hair in a loose/fluffy twist out, I sectioned/parted my hair into 7, starting from the right and applied Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer to each section being flat-twisted(focusing on the ends).
- I sealed my ends with my Natural Oasis oil, twisted those same twists into one big twist, tucked under and pinned, and covered with a satin scarf at night.
- The next day, I just unraveled and that's it!
Can you tell I was sorta feeling myself by the time I took this? LMAO! :P