Monday, June 14, 2010

Product Review: SHE Aromatherapy Mango Orange Body Butter

Photobucket

You probably won't find too many non-hair related product reviews over here, but I had to post about this little find. While perusing my favorite aisle in one of the major three discount stores(you know which three....lol), I found an 8.8 oz jar of this orange creamsicle-smelling cream. At only $5 bucks, I went ahead and gave it a try, and boy am I glad.

I generally make my own body butters. One, because I just can't rationalize spending the money most of the time when I have pounds of butters at home. Two, because most of them have more fillers than actual goodies. But THIS one has A LOT of goodies.

The selling point for me was not only how velvety soft/smooth it is, but because of how it softened my heels. Now, they aren't THAT hard, but I'm what some folks call a hippie(I prefer being barefoot, although I don't think THAT makes me a hippie, lol), so they get a little dry. These smoothed out those dry little crevices and had my feet feeling nice.

It not only goes on smooth, it literally makes your skin feel plump with hydration, and this hydration lasts OVER 24 hours. The next day, my skin STILL feels great.

Here are the ingredients: *Water (Aqua), *Cetearyl Alcohol, *Peg-100 Stearate, *Glycerin, *Prunus Anygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Cyclomethicone, *Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, *Rosa Eglentaria (Rosehip) Seed Oil, *Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), *Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract, *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Aloe Vera), *Ginkgo Biloba (Ginko) Extract, *Centella Asiatica (Brahmi) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Citrus Aurantium (Orange Sweet) Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Santulum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, *Daucus Carola (Carrot) Seed Oil, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Butyl Paraben.

*- Acts as a humectant and draws in moisture.
*- Can act as an emulsifier and humectant
*- Act as emollients which impart a softness to the skin
*- Is a polyphenol rich antioxidant that reportedly provides the skin with UV protection.
*- An Ayurvedic extract generally infused in an oil that, according to FNWL, repairs broken or damaged skin, promotes cellular regeneration, prevents the formation of wrinkles and scar tissue, and improves circulation and strengthens blood vessels.

So basically I'm SOLD, but there is a but. There's ALWAYS a "but". lol

I don't think it's sold on the ground in the US except at discount retailers. *tear* Which means it'll be hard to find. *sigh*

But in the mean time, if you happen to see it, give it a try! Otherwise, you can wait until they open up their shop online: She Aromatherapy

It probably wouldn't make a bad hair butter either, but I haven't tried that. lol

4 comments:

Unknown said...

THANK YOU for posting this!! That’s a smart thing to do! On bodybuilding.com Optimum Nutrition has a sample pack if you want to try those. They aren’t “natural” though.


peg 100 stearate

Discount Shopper said...

I Love this product but haven't bee able to locate it since I first purchased it last year! I even tried contacting the manufacturer. I'm hoping there is a way to buy at least a case of it soon.

KP said...

I stocked up the last time I found some jars of it, but just like you, Discount Shopper, I've been unable to find it. :( Won't give up, though. If you find any, let me know!! lol

Anonymous said...

I love this body butter after having found it at a discount retailer as well. And a little goes a long way! I think they ship to the states now (?), but shipping costs from Australia must be crazy! Glad to see others like myself love this!