Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I know I've said this before, but ......

There may be another cut in my future.

Photobucket

While I did cut some inches off a couple of months ago, I think I may cut a bit more. My reasons are as follows:

  • Will require less product. While I don't have to use that much, I still have to use more than I would have to if my hair was at APL.
  • Less product used means less money spent. I have a bit more disposable income now(well, once I get paid....lol), but I don't want to find myself spending that money on product.
  • Healthy ends will remain healthy. It'll allow me to remove any ends that I may have missed with other trims, which assists in maintaining healthier length.
  • I can wear wash n gos more. I DO miss wearing my hair out. While that's not my motivation, it would be nice to have that option more frequently.
At this point, it's a matter of when and how much. Can't really do anything right now with my schedule, but maybe I'll cut another 2 inches or more. Hell, I may even go shorter! Time will tell.

Natural Urbanista


2 comments:

Gigi said...

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Right now I'm shoulder length and this is the longest my loose hair has ever been. With dreads I almost got to APL.

I found myself getting a lil snip happy lately. I havent had loose natural hair this length since I was a child. So I put some kinky twists in. I can only imagine what you go through,

ChocolateOrchid said...

I feel ya on this. While I want to see how far my hair can grow and also about over it. The length (almost mid-back) is taking alot of work that is sometimes frustrating because I'm not that savvy when it comes to hairstyles. I'm wishing I had gotten my hair braided but I tend to be wishy-washy when it comes to keeping one style over a certain amount of time. Guess I get bored easily.

I'm trying to hold out a couple of more years because I definitely see another big chop in my future. For now, maybe I will drop a few inches for management-sake.