Monday, April 19, 2010

Wore "The Lioness" out for the weekend.

Yes, my hair has a name: The Lioness. I AM a Leo, so it's befitting...don't you think? ;)

And wouldn't you know that the weather was being a pain in the patootie! Went from being sunny and pleasant on Friday, to being down-right blistery Saturday AND Sunday. ESPECIALLY since I was in Shenandoah County, Va. That's up near mountains and farmland for those unfamiliar, so it was even MORE blistery. So The Lioness was somewhat confined to an elastic band. Hair took FOREVER to dry, which left me feeling rather icky, until I let her down once inside.

BUT...the GOOD thing is that my hair is uber soft. Even now. It's light and fluffy too. Not the best looking WnG, but it's still kinda funky in its afro-mulletness. Don't act like y'all don't know what I'm talking about. LOL!

I think it's time for a trim, though. I may even straighten it for a week or so before it gets humid again. We shall see. It was nice setting her free, even if the weather wasn't necessarily being cooperative.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lioness!!!! Love it. I love finding out what others have named their hair (mine is named Lola) :)

KP said...

:) I noticed a lot of naturals naming their manes a while back and started to feel left out. ;)

Folks on the outside probably think we're weird, though. LOL!